It’s blowing my mind that it’s December first and not only is Christmas is in a few weeks, the end of the year is upon us too. Seriously, where did this year go? I didn’t want to make a large list of December goals because my planner is full of obligations and I’d rather focus more on family and fun. I wanted to keep this month’s list do-able.
1. Write a blog post about the chest makeover. I finished its makeover last week and it looks awesome! I cannot wait to share the before and after. My mom thought I bought a new chest which totally boosted my ego.
2. Get the squirrels family out of our roof. Yep, we have a family of squirrels living in the eve of our roof. We noticed them about a month ago. My MiL has been asking and asking Mr Boots about getting rid of them but he doesn’t seem interested in talking about it with her. I was dragged into the conversation on Thanksgiving and took offense to her spiel on how nasty it is we haven’t gotten rid of them yet, so I told her to call her pest control guy for an estimate. (FYI, she was repeatedly asking Mr Boots about having her guy come out so I didn’t feel bad telling her to do it.) Then I called our pest control guy just in case they offer a better deal since they already spray for bugs. She said she’d like to help pay for the squirrel removal and repair as Mr Boots’ Christmas present, which would really help us out. Part of the reason for not calling pest control yet has been financial.
3. Wrap gifts before Christmas Eve. This has been done at the last minute for the last three years. I don’t want to be up until 1am this year. It makes me less tolerant of all the noise the next day 😉
4. Bake cookies with the boys. I know my in-laws will bake up a storm, as they’ve done every year since their kids were little. But so many of their cookies contain nuts and nut products. I want to make sure L can enjoy some yummies as well. Plus, this is something never really did growing up and I’ve been looking forward to starting this tradition with my own kids for as long as I can remember. Since I’m not pregnant or taking care of a baby this year, I think I could manage it – especially if I space the baking out over a few days.
5. Watch Inside Out. I bought this movie when it came out on DVD but haven’t decided if I want to watch with Mr Boots or by myself before showing it to the boys. I’ll probably end up watching it by myself though, since Mr Boots falls asleep to movies within the first fifteen minutes.